The Shrum Mound in Columbus, is one of only a few remaining Adena Mounds that can still be seen in Franklin County.
It is an conical Adena burial mound measuring 20' in height and about 100' in diameter and is located on a high bluff on the west side of the Scioto River. Originally the mound overlooked the Scioto River, but a quarry company as chang
The mound is named for the Shrum family who donated the Mound to the Ohio Historical Society. It is located in Campbell Park, named for former Governor James E. Campbell and who later served as president of the Ohio Archaeological and Historical Society. The park was dedicated in July 1929.
Shrum Mound Location
West side of McKinley Ave., 1 mile South of intersection with Trabue Rd., Columbus, Ohio.