In 1842 architect George W. Bellows (father of Columbus famous artist George Bellows) designed the Italianate Revival mansion at 530 E. Town Street for Philip Snowden, a silk and embroidery merchant in the city. The mansion also served as the governor's mansion for David Tod from 1862 - 1864. The house was later purchased by the Columbus Women's Club that built an addition to the house which connected the original house with the stables.
Kappa Kappa Gamma acquired the building in 1951 and made it its national headquarters in 1951. They carefully restored the original portion of the structure to its former statures. All of the rooms are representative of the Victorian period.
In 1980 the Heritage Museum of Kappa Kappa Gamma was incoporated as a foundation in 1980.
Today, the Heritage Museum of Kappa Kappa Gamma is considered one of the finest examples of 19th Century architecture in Columbus.